- 500 grams of kidney beans/brown beans
- One bottle of beer, (preferably Mexican)
- 150 grams bacon, cubed
- Three cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- Two onions, finely chopped
- Three tomatoes, diced
- Two jalapeños, finely chopped
- One and a half teaspoon of cumin
- One and a half teaspoon of oregano
- One tablespoon of brown sugar
- Fresh coriander or parsley
- Juice of half a lime
- Pepper and salt
Fry the bacon crispy in a little oil and lower the heat, add the onion and garlic and fry until the onion is translucent. Add the diced tomatoes and season with the jalapeños, cumin, oregano, brown sugar and lime juice. Stir regularly over low heat until the tomatoes are soft. Add the beans and mix well. Raise the heat to high, make an open space on the side of the pan and slowly add the beer in stages. The alcohol evaporates lightly and this benefits the taste. Let it simmer for about ten minutes. Serve with the coriander/parsley, season with salt, pepper and the remainder of the lime juice.
Enjoy your dinner!
Tip: delicious with tortilla chips and avocado.